WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Macnaught Pty Ltd (“Macnaught”) warrants that all products manufactured by Macnaught and/or supplied by Macnaught under the “Macnaught ” brand, excluding Macnaught Flow Measurement products, components subject to wear and electronic or electrical components, will be free from any defects caused by faulty materials or workmanship (“Warranty”) for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase of the product.
2. For products (excluding Macnaught Flow Measurement products) which carry the “Macnaught design” endorsement, an additional Warranty period of 5 years applies to all mechanical components, giving a total Warranty period of 10 years for mechanical components.
3. For Macnaught Flow Measurement products, the Warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase of that product.
4. For components contained in all products which are usually subject to wear from normal operation of the products (such as o-rings, seals, bushes, springs (excluding Retracta coil spring), hoses and rechargeable batteries), the Warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase of the relevant product.
5. For any electronic or electrical component which may be contained in a product, the warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase of the relevant product.
6. For products and components which are not manufactured by Macnaught and are supplied by Macnaught under a brand name other than “Macnaught”, the Warranty period is the longer of 12 months from the date of purchase of the relevant product and the period of the manufacturer’s warranty.
7. The warranties contained in clauses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above are conditional on the purchaser, during the relevant Warranty period:
a. delivering to Macnaught by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (Attn; warranty claims, Macnaught Pty Ltd, 41-49 Henderson Street, Turrella, New South Wales 2205) a detailed notice setting out full details of any defect in any product and details of the date and place of purchase (together with copies of purchase receipts and/or other supporting documents); and
b. at the purchaser’s own cost, returning the defective product to the nearest authorised Macnaught service centre.
8. Subject to compliance by the purchaser with clause 7, Macnaught shall, at its option, repair or replace any product or component found defective by its inspection by reason of faulty materials or workmanship of Macnaught.
9. This Warranty does not cover the failure of products, parts or components which, in the sole judgment of Macnaught, arises other than from faulty materials or workmanship of Macnaught, including misuse, abrasion, corrosion, negligence, accident, substitution of non-Macnaught parts, unauthorised modification, improper use, storage or handling, faulty installation or tampering by the purchaser or any third party.
10. If Macnaught’s inspection discloses no defect in material or workmanship, repair or replacement and return (at Macnaught’s sole option) will be made at customary charges, which will be advised to the purchaser.
11. If Macnaught’s inspection discloses a defect in material or workmanship, repair or replacement and return will be made at Macnaught’s expense.
12. Macnaught’s liability and the purchaser’s rights under this Warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of defective products or components and in particular, shall not extend to any direct, special, indirect or consequential damage or losses of any nature.
13. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the foregoing Warranty supersedes, voids and is in lieu of all or any other warranties. However, the benefits given by the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under any law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates.
14. Macnaught’s goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Warranty does not form part of, nor does it constitute, a contract between Macnaught and the end-user or purchaser. It is additional to any warranty given by the seller of the products.